Decision Lab’s Biggest Brand Movers highlights the ten brands that have improved their consumer perception metrics the most across a selection of Vietnam markets every month. Brands are ranked based on the number of metrics that saw a statistically significant increase across 13 YouGov BrandIndex metrics. These metrics are in three categories, Media and Communication, Brand Perception, and Purchase Funnel. The data is taken from YouGov BrandIndex, a syndicated brand tracker that continuously collects data on hundreds of brands in Vietnam daily. Following this ranking, brands can get valuable insights and feedback on their performance and strategy.
VTC Pay is Vietnam’s Biggest Brand Mover for March 2023.
The e-wallet and payment gateway brand made gains in 5 out of 13 YouGov BrandIndex metrics across the Media and Communication category (Ad Awareness and Buzz), Brand Perception category (Recommendation and Quality) and Purchase Funnel category (Consideration).
VTC Pay is an online payment platform in Vietnam that offers various services such as mobile top-ups, bill payments, game card purchases, voucher purchases, etc. This brand was also the second most popular e-wallet in Vietnam in March 2023, just behind MoMo, according to Reputa's report. The strong growth in VTC Pay's metrics can come from minigames with many incentives such as "3 times Vinaphone top-ups" or "Buy game card - Give away phone card".
March, marked by International Women's Day, is a golden time for personal care brands to launch marketing campaigns. Dove and Camay both saw improvements in four metrics across the Media and Communication, and Brand Perception categories. The brand from Unilever stood out with two programs, "True beauty never fades", to raise awareness about breast cancer and "My hair, my choice" to eliminate stereotypes about women's beauty.
Travel platform Expedia and electronics brand Mazda round out the top five, making gains in three metrics each.
Was your brand one of Vietnam’s Biggest Movers in March?
Biggest Brand Movers for March 2023 ranked brands according to the statistically significant score increases they achieved across the following YouGov BrandIndex metrics between February 2022 and March 2023.
Media and Communication Metrics
- Aided Brand Awareness – Whether or not a consumer has ever heard of a brand
- Ad Awareness – Whether a consumer has seen or heard an advertisement for a brand in the past two weeks
- Word of Mouth Exposure – Whether a consumer has talked about a brand with family or friends in the past two weeks
- Buzz – Whether a consumer has heard anything positive or negative about a brand in the past two weeks (net score)
Brand Perception Metrics
- General Impression – Whether a consumer has a positive or negative impression of a brand
- Customer Satisfaction – Whether a consumer is currently a satisfied or dissatisfied customer of a particular brand
- Quality – Whether a consumer considers a brand to represent good or poor quality
Value – Whether a consumer considers a brand to represent good or poor value for money
- Recommendation – Whether a consumer would recommend a brand to a friend or colleague or not
- Corporate Reputation – Whether a consumer would be proud or embarrassed to work for a particular brand
Purchase Funnel Metrics
- Consideration – Whether a consumer would consider a brand or not the next time they are in the market for a particular product
- Purchase Intent – Whether a consumer would be most likely or unlikely to purchase a specific product
- Current Customer – Whether a consumer has purchased a given product or not within a specified period of time